Homeland Security Scholarships
Program Partners (NSSP Panel):
AAI Corporation, Boeing Advanced Information Systems, Booz Allen Hamilton, CACI, Computer Sciences Corporation,
COPT, Essex Corporation, General Dynamics, Harris Corporation, L-3 Communications, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Verizon Federal Network Systems and The National Security Agency
Get an application
- $15,000 Scholarship Award — Scholarship funds sent directly to college in September for the following academic year beginning fall semester
- Possibility of a paid summer internship in the Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area
- Assistance with Processing towards a national security clearance
- Unique opportunity to explore a future in the national security field and obtain employment leads with The I-Fund national security industry partners
- Must attend an I-Fund member college
- Completion/timely submission of I-Fund NSSP application — Application includes essay, resume, 2 letters of recommendation, and official transcript of grades by October 10th deadline or if October 10th falls on a weekend, last business day prior to October 10th
- U.S. Citizenship
- Expressed interest in a career in the national security field
- Summer internship obligation if offered. (Internship is contingent upon successful completion of a national security clearance.) An internship is required as eligibility for The I-Fund NSSP scholarship. All applicants will be considered for summer internships with industry or NSA.
- Student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Minimum 24 credit hours at time of application, but not later than October 10th of applicant’s junior year
- Please check page 2 of the application for most current list of preferred majors (for St. John’s College students only: applicants must have a demonstrated record of and achievement in one of the major areas)
- Candidates must be available for an interview on the first and second Saturday(s) in November
INFORMATION ON AN UPCOMING CAMPUS PRESENTATION IS AVAILABLE THROUGH YOUR FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
How to Apply:
The I-Fund National Security Scholarship Program (NSSP) accepts applications September 1st through October 10th
(or last business day prior to October 10th). An application for The I-Fund National Security Scholarship may be obtained from
your school’s Financial Aid Office. Complete the application form and forward it with required supporting documents to be received
in your Financial Aid Office no later than October 10th or the last business day prior.
Up-to-date information is posted on this website or you may contact Lori Subotich, Director of Programs & Scholarships for
The I-Fund at 443-997-5703 or e-mail Lsubot@jhmi.edu.
Each student must complete an application form and include all of the information requested. The information on the form must
be typed and legible. The following information must be included with the application:
- Typed resume (Submitted BOTH electronically and in hard copy)
- A 300-500 word typed essay — topic: “Discuss How Your Education Has Prepared You for a Career in National Security.”
- At least two letters of recommendation. For example, letters may be from teachers, professors, counselors, clergy, community leaders, etc.
- A certified transcript of grades
Selection and Notification:
Scholarship candidate selection is a multiple step process.
- Initial review of applications is made by the NSSP panel in mid October. All candidates are notified whether or not selected for an interview on or about October 28th.
- Candidate interviews are the first and/or second Saturday(s) in November. Each candidate will be assigned a specific interview date/time. Due to the number of interviews scheduled, the date/time is not negotiable. Location of the interview is at the following address:
Booz Allen Hamilton
304 Sentinel Road
Annapolis Junction, Maryland 21701
- All applicants receive e-mail notification with results of the scholarship interview process on or about December 1st. Selected applicants will move forward to security clearance processing.
- Candidates who successfully complete security clearance are reviewed by the NSSP Board for internship placement with program partners and/or notified of scholarship award in early June.
- Scholarship candidates must confirm (email or written) acceptance of internship by June 15th. A Thank You letter addressed to "The I-Fund NSSP Supporters" is required and should be received no later than June 25th.